OPPASSEN bij Traxxion upgrade achterdemper!!

Even bijpraten, sterke verhalen, moppen of andere praatjes ?
Plaats reactie
Yabbanoname

OPPASSEN bij Traxxion upgrade achterdemper!!

Bericht door Yabbanoname » 06 feb 2007, 15:12

Zojuist uit de US vernomen dat de Traxxion upgrade op de achter demper/veer op een GL1800 niet zonder risico's is, het verbruik kan dramatisch toenemen. Dus pas op!

Johnnyva wrote:

"After doing the full suspension upgrade I as well as many others have stated how well we felt about it and how much better the bike rides and performs. I have not yet seen a post on anything negative about it so I quess I will be the first. I know I cant be the only one out here with this problem but after about 1000 miles riding with this "New Bike" I have found there to be a drastic loss in gas milage. Thru carefull studying I have found there is a cure for this problem and it doesn't cost anything or require any parts but is very hard to correct. It will involve relaxing the right wrist and reducing speed somewhat. I still have not fixed mine yet and dont think I will be able to without some help (Johnny Law I hope not). Has anyone else seen this?"

en
Arn Butt Bill wrote:

"I had Max finally do the rear spring and shock rebuild and was very happy with the ride home from the shop; I couldn't wait to give the bike a good ride.
So last Saturday I took a 350 mile ride on all the gnarliest twisties we have around here; sweeeeet.

But I noticed a drastic drop in fuel economy. I mean drastic. I normally would've gotten 44 mpg on that ride and I got 38.
I figured that Traxxion put the rear wheel back on wrong, brakes were dragging, or what-not. I rolled around on the floor of the garage and checked things out; I heard a "noise" when I spun the rear tire.
I asked Paul to come over so I could listen to his final drive too; it was about the same.
Hmmmmm.

I took her for another ride this past Saturday with Paul, Daddysbike, & Helmetdance. Steve & Mark don't have Traxxion so I slowed it down for them to keep up (I was 2-up, mind you, and they were all 1-up).
My fuel economy returned to normal. Miracle?

Surgeon General's warning: Traxxion Dynamics suspensions can induce a fuel draining effect by imparting better handling. I must learn to control myself; I must learn to control myself.
With great power comes great responsibility...

Shocked

Holly cow. It's a different bike."

http://www.gl1800riders.com/forums/view ... hp?t=76803

harryvbr

Bericht door harryvbr » 06 feb 2007, 19:25

Een verbruik van 1 op 10 moet haalbaar zijn :D :D
Maar de kans op een proces-verbaal wegens snelheidsoverschrijding is misschien wel 1 op 2 :roll:
GL1800('10) bloodstone red met Navi en Airbag

Plaats reactie